Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What Wyatt is up to...

I wanted to blog about what Wyatt is doing recently so I don't forget...and of course so you all know. Today he is a week shy of turning 9 mos old. During our visit to Lubbock, Wyatt grew and grew! He decided he didn't want anything to do with nursing or his pacifier. This might be because he started to eat much better than he had prior to being in Lubbock. He refused pureed baby food, so I pretty much have given him anything he can eat with his fingers. He prefers not to use a spoon. He likes black beans, green beans, cheese, turkey, ravioli, pasta, bagels, toast, cottage cheese, garden burgers, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, and more. He can commando crawl very quickly, and managing his crawl on hands and knees when he feels like taking his time. He pulls up on everything. After watching me click my tongue, he now clicks his tongue. It's pretty funny. He says Mama all the time and I think he is slowly getting the idea that means me! So I think by tomorrow morning he will know for sure. I point to myself and myself in pictures saying Mama, and he just smiles! When he starts to get tired, he pulls up on me and says mamamama. I have lots of pictures on the fridge and I ask him to find Bentley, and he always does, smiling really big and staring at his picture. The first time I asked him to do that he looked to the floor and all around. Yesterday I noticed Wyatt groovin to Old MacDonald on the Baby Einstein CD, so now he can dance to the beat! Wyatt loves to listen to stories and look at board books. He uses his pointer finger to touch all our touch and feel books. You can really tell he studies the pictures by looking at his eyes go back and forth over the pages. Wes and I bought 16 board books from Half Price for 20 bucks! Wyatt loves to practice standing alone as I catch him before he hits the floor. Laura started this with him, and he just gets the biggest kick out of it. Wyatt has eight teeth and is growing like a weed. I am anxious to get to his 9 mos appointment next week to find out how much he actually weighs. He is very sturdy and strong!
Yesterday we started helping him try to fall asleep on his own, as he had not been doing this - mostly because of his weeny mom and I think because of all those teeth!!! Last night he fell asleep in about 30 mins and tonight in less than 10 mins. So I am so proud of him. He is growing soooo fast and I love every minute I have with him. Okay that is it for now!

No comments: