Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Oh Wyatt!
At one year and two weeks, here is an update on Wyatt's Adventures and Accomplishments, mostly because I like to remember what he doing at certain ages. Wyatt is madly obsessed about walking his Lion or Truck all around the house and up and down the sidewalks. He gets mad when I have my hand on it to slow it down when he is going down hill. He can turn it around very easily, almost lifting it completely. He looooves the slide and chases every ball around the house. With all this movement, he can stand up from the floor without any help, but he hasn't quite grasped the concept that he can take steps without hanging on to someone or something. He took his first steps about 2 months ago, but since then he still doesn't realize he can go forward. He insists to walk with our hands - grabbing them and pulling us along. He bangs on doors demanding or yelling to either go outside or to get the vacuum out. He loves the vacuum. I just hope he loves using it once he is old enough to push it around by himself. He gets upset when I try to put it away. He just smiles sooo big when it is in use. Wyatt knows which book is which, I can still tell him to find a certain book and he will shuffle through his pile and find the right one! Wyatt still loves books, but not so much at bedtime. He gets frustrated when I try to read stories and sing songs before bed. Now he just wants to lay right down and turns over to go to sleep. So I quickly say our prayers and sing a speedy song....I'm not really ready to give up lullabies! Wyatt can say a lot of words....let's see if I can remember most of them: Mama, Dada, Woof, Moo, Da (Dog), Botta (bottle), boba (baby), baw (ball), Mow (Meow), Bitley (Bentley) (I was really impressed with Bitley, he said the "L" sound! I always exclaim "Bentley" when we get home, and Wyatt did that today as we walked in the door- almost exactly - WOW!), wobut (Lobut-the cat), Bu-bye, No, Yesh (yes) (can shake his head no and yes), whooo (for the owl), pee (pig), bee (blanket), vroom, bawoo (balloon), pee-aboo (peek-a-boo) and lots of other babbling and gabbing! Wyatt loves to dance to music, find all the non toys and make it into pure enjoyment, he loves flags - can point out any flag or balloon. We were walking away from Walmart one day and he is pointing up at the flag posted on the roof. He loves Dan and Jan's flags in their front yard. He also points to street or parking lot lights and says ball, because the lamp over the table has a big bulb, and he thinks it is a ball. When he hears a plane coming, he immediately looks up to the sky and finds it, pointing to it! Sometimes they can be so small and far away. Some eye sight! Wyatt has become a very picky eater lately, and I am hoping that it is just a phase. He loves to eat with a fork. Wyatt has fourteen teeth. If he ever puts something in his mouth that I have to dig out, he gets sooo mad and tries to bite me as hard as he can. Wyatt is just like his Dad when it comes to people watching. He gets so serious about watching people in public, he can't smile in pictures - like at the pumpkin patch! Wyatt loves being outside....if he hears the word outside he goes straight to the door. It's like saying the word "walk" around Bentley. You have to spell it out, so they don't get upset when you don't really want to go outside! Wyatt loves his baths, practically climbing in by himself with his clothes on. He hates to get dressed and get his diaper changed! He has no time for that! Wyatt is quite the problem solver, he can figure things out within minutes and not forget it....how toys work, where I try to hide things from him, etc....He knows "Feet first!" -whew I was wondering when I didn't have to worry so much about him trying to land on his head! Wyatt loves to play peek a boo from across the room, around the corner or furniture, loves to be chased, and to chase Bentley and Lobut Cat. Wyatt can crawl all the way up and down Dan and Jan's stairs. Wyatt is full of energy and is always on the go. He amazes me everyday. I could go on and on, but that's all I can muster at this point! Wyatt, we love you and we are so blessed to have you, Your Momma and Dadda!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment