One of my goals this Holiday Season is to help Wyatt understand the meaning of "Giving Back". Anytime we see a bell ringer, Wyatt asks to give money. He says, "I want to help people be happy." Last Saturday, Wyatt and I volunteered at Paradise Center, a community center where "friends help friends in mental health recovery." We served Thanksgiving Dinner and I got to see old friends and co-workers, as well as past patients from working in a Psychiatric Hospital. It's great to see mental health programs come full circle for their clients.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Giving Back
One of my goals this Holiday Season is to help Wyatt understand the meaning of "Giving Back". Anytime we see a bell ringer, Wyatt asks to give money. He says, "I want to help people be happy." Last Saturday, Wyatt and I volunteered at Paradise Center, a community center where "friends help friends in mental health recovery." We served Thanksgiving Dinner and I got to see old friends and co-workers, as well as past patients from working in a Psychiatric Hospital. It's great to see mental health programs come full circle for their clients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i agree, give back. our minister told us last sunday the familiar phrase, blessed is giving not receiving...too many times, society takes takes takes and never gives back. we instill that with Siam (the givig, not taking part). before she gets something, i.e. christmas gifts, bday gifts etc, she has to depart with some of her goods for some one in need. we have given TONS away and we hope that this teaches that we are blessed and that giving will not only help another family, but show that this is what God tells us to do.
Post a Comment