Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Little Reader

I love, love, love the fact that I have instilled the love of reading in Wyatt! Thank you very much, I have read to him EVERYDAY of his life. Wyatt absolutely LOVES to listen to books and read the pictures! We were reading this book the other night and Wyatt says to me, "Mom, what does the author do?" I said, "What does the author do, Wyatt?" He told me, "writes the story!" I said, "What does the illustrator do?" He says, "draws the pictures!" I am simply amazed that he picks up so much information from his teachers and vocabulary from reading and singing everyday. I have asked Wyatt to start doing "picture walks" so he can be "Daily 5" ready! Pictures Walks 1) What do you see? 2) What are you wondering? 3) What do you predict? And most recently, we are defining similarities and differences, a learning strategy from Marzano - I asked Wyatt, "How is an elephant and myself the same? He laughs and says, "You are funny, Mom!" I said, "No, really" and he pauses turns his heads slightly and responds cleverly...."you both have eyes, ears, noses, feet, but you're different because he is gray and you are...well...white!" Hahaha. Love him! Anything for a higher level thinker! Love my little reader!

No comments: